Thursday, December 21, 2006

A mini update

George made it home safely on Wednesday evening! Again, struggling with computer access and this internet cafe (which is a misnomer because there is no food/drink in sight) does not allow you to upload pictures.

Paperwork trail is going well. I should have all my documents in order prior to the shutdown for the Ukranian Holidays. Also fantastic news, I was able to buy 3 tickets for a flight out of here on Saturday the 30th!! This is incredible as most people said I would not be able to get out of here until at least the 3rd or 4th of January.

This is a good flight as well, Delta from Kiev to JKF then to Altanta. Only 1 chance to lose the kids now in the airport instead of 2 (LOL)!

The kids are doing well, both have little colds but I think that is the way it is during the winter here. They are really bonding to me. Although I am the total "Nazi" mom with Donnie. He is really testing me!! I think practically the only words out of my mouth to him are Nyet, Nyet and more Nyet!! Poor kid.

Lauren is really well behaved. She will pay attention to what I say. Although she still does the crying jag when she doesn't get what she wants (it's that fake crying thing). But even those are improving as I'm ignoring them.

Our Swedish friends left 2 days ago. They should arrive home in Stockholm today with their new son Michola. I just met 2 more Swedish couples that arrived yesterday. They are also adopting 1 boy each around 22 months old.

There are so many great kids here available for adoption. All ages. I hope for all of them to get a chance to have a home. I just found out today that Ukraine has again started accepting dossiers from American couples as of the 19th. That is great news.

Next time I take the laptop downtown I will post more pictures. Thank you all for following along, your support and your comments.

No comments: